Banana bread? Good. Zucchini bread? Goood? Chocolate? Gooood! I think you guys are about to love me after this post because I am marrying all of those things together… AND THEN SOME! Please keep all hands and feet inside the vehicle, for what you are about to experience may cause the sudden urge to jump up and down. Loaded Chocolate Zucchini Banana Muffins. Let’s do it.
In all seriousness though, these things are BOMB. I recently went camping with the whole fam bam (my fam of 3, parents, sister and her clan) and decided that they’d be my guniea pigs for these. Now, we’ve got a wiiiide range of taste buds going on there, but I knew these muffs were the golden ticket. Lo and behold, they were. My littlest nephew kept asking for more “cake”. Chalking that up to a win.
Okay, so, they taste great. Fabulous. But what I haven’t told you yet is how just how much fruit and veggies are in these suckers. Banana. Zucchini. Applesauce. And I’m not talking a tablespoon here and a tablespoon there. These babies are PACKED.
If you’re looking for a crowd pleaser, these are the ones.
- 1 very ripe bananas
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup oat flour
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- ¼ cup peanut butter chips
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup shredded coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; place liners in a muffin tin or grease the tin if not using liners, set aside
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a potato masher until uniformly smooth
- Using rotary beaters, add in applesauce, eggs and vanilla
- Add in sugar, flours, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt, stir until just combined
- Next, fold in zucchini. Followed by peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, and coconut
- Pour batter into muffin tin, filling until ~3/4 of the way full. Bake for ~12 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean
- Dig in!
May add extra chips & coconut on top if desired
Looking for another recipe like this? I think you’ll like this one bowl healthier banana bread.